* Today is: *








* RaRa Baby's Wish List *

1. New born clothes for home wear - 2nd hands welcome.. :)

2. Diapers - still figuring out what brand better..

3. Milk Powder & Bottles

4. Capella Stroller S705 Retail:$329 Email babyorders@gmail.com for $275 only.



..................

still figuring out what else I'll need..

* How many visited? *
* Drop me a tag! :) *


* More about Me !! =) *
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

@LiCe_r@cHeL_nEo
Born:07Jun1981
Saved:28Jul1997
Baptism:06Jun1998.
Presents welcomed anytime! :D

City Harvest Church
W204, W352
UM4S5E

Prudential Assurance
Singapore Post Centre

NUS
Bachelor of Science
Statistics

Nanyang JC
Science, CT27

Northland Secondary
1E1, 2E1, 3E1, 4E1

Jiemin Primary
4/6, 5/6, 6/6

Hong Dao Primary
1C, 2CC, 3C

PAP-AMK


* My Networks *
.: Our Journey :.
.: BB :.
.: Beloved 4S5! :.
.: EG!!! :.
.: Huiming :.
.: Natalie :.
.: Joseph Oo :.
.: Feng Ming :.
.: Jingxuan :.
.: Charmaine :.
.: Vanessa :.
.: Soo Eng :.
.: Rachel T :.
.: Juliana :.
.: Jayme :.
.: Sabrina :.
.: Xin Yan:.
.: Yong Quan :.
.: Wanyun :.
.: Judy :.

* My Archives *
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
July 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

* Sunday, June 27, 2004 *

2+1=3
Haha.. Just back from Day After tomorrow.
And before that was a manicure session and before that was Around The World in 80 Days.
Yes. I watched "Around" again. Heh.
Its free this time though. Was out with Lydia, Max & Kiat. And its always nice to go out with them. Coz most of the time, Kiat & Max would offer to pay. hahaa.. *opps* :p

Max paid for the tickets, though Kiat wanted to treat us to it. But Lido's ticketing counter doesnt accept NETS. Hence, Max generously fished out his $50 note. Hehe.. Thanks Max! :D
Kiat paid for the drinks and popcorn, about $10.
And Lydia & I paid for our dinner. Didn't want to spend on the guys. They are nice enough and not as if they are earning alot. Lydia & me paid about $10 each. At Burger King. Heh. We were all not too hungry and decide to just have some snacks. But Kiat had a double whopper meal leh.. thats big! hee.. :p

After dinner, Max left for somewhere. Lydia & I had a Manicure appt at PerilNailz at Far East at 7:30pm and Kiat went somewhere to rot while waiting for us.
I finished at 9pm and rushed off. Lydia wasn't done yet and she'll meet Kiat after that. I had to go. Coz Mum's waiting for me at Northpoint! We had a show to catch at 9:25pm. Thank God for MRT. Haha. It takes me just 20 minutes to reach home from Orchard. :)

Rushed to Yishun 10 and then collect the tickets, to the washroom and to the theatre. Good show I had. Many revelations as well. People just can get so stubborn when you tell them facts and they don't listen to you.

In the show, this boy, Sam, was told by his father to stay indoors during the storm and not to go out. All the people had been hiding in the National Library. Just when they spotted people outside walking about in the snow, trying to seek safety elsewhere, they tried to follow them as well. Sam tried to tell the police officer that his father, being a climatologist, has already advised that they stay indoors and not go anywhere. Or they'll freeze to death. But the police officer felt that they'll just wait for death if they stayed on. So most of the people left. Except for a few.

Well, you guessed it. The masses that left together with the police officer, died in the end.. it was too freezing cold.
And the boy, his father promised him that if he stayed where he is, he will definitely go to his rescue.. the father promised the son..
Yes. The father kept his promise. Withstanding all impossibilities and the cold freezing weather, he walked his way from Washington to Mahanttan's National Library. And he found his son and a few others locked in a room, where all the surrounding area has already been frozen to ice. He opened the door, and his son and the rest were sleeping inside.

Revelation: As I was watching the show, I just had some revelations from it. The masses that chose to walk out of the library just coz there were some other people also doing it were just like the people in the world today. We have already been told that if you do this and stay put, I'll come to your rescue. Obedience is the word. And trust. Faith. The boy knew that his father would come to his rescue. Even when others doubt it. He knew that his father said that he would come and he believed deep down in his heart that his father would. And likewise for the father. Even when all hopes were gone. As they were walking to Manhanttan, they saw corpses almost everywhere. Even his companion feels that Sam might be dead. But the father said, "I made a promise to my son, and I will do it."
He did it. And it was so touching in the end. Both who believed in each other were glad that both trusted in each other. They hugged each other and nothing else was needed. They didn't say anything. They only hugged each other. Very tightly.

That is our God. My God. He fulfills what He has set out to do, what He promised. Jesus would come again. And He'll judge all. Would I be willing to do what He has commanded me to do? Would I obey? Would I trust and believe that He will fulfill His promises?

Yes. I trust in the Lord. And I know that He'll come.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16

So many people chose to go the other way. They think that they can have a better idea and better chance of surviving on their own. They refused to listen to the people has the expertise. In this case, suddenly, I just feel that Sam is like Jesus in that scene. He was telling people what to do, but none believed him. They rather walk out of the library in search of something hopefully better, when the place where they are, is the safest place to be in...

Sam's father, Jack, has told Sam to stay put in the Library, and not try to get outside, or he'll freeze to death. Sam knew that his father is a professor in that field and has the expertise. Who else can he listen to other than someone whom he knew that he could trust in? God send Jesus to the world, to preach the Gospel, and to tell mankind to repent and trust in Him, believe in Him, but most refused to listen, to what is true.

Its just so sad. People always think that they are right. God says, come to me, that you might live. People chose to go away. I can be better elsewhere. Human. Man. Thats why we have all fallen short of His glory.

But I thank God that I'm now a new creation. The old things have passed. And I am made new. With His salvation. Jesus's sacrifice. His blood and body saved me. And I thank God for my salvation. :D
Hallelujah!!!

And even as i'm moving on to a higher level in my walk with God, I pray that God'll strengthen me daily, cause my being to be so sensitive to the Holy Spirit and that I'll have ears that'll hear and eyes that'll see.. Hallelujah!



-RacheL- blogged @ 6/27/2004 12:53:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home