Yeah... today is 1st June...
And Pastor Tan preached a sermon that really touched my heart... just as I was wondering what and who I am serving for... he reminded me that its all for Jesus...
The 1st time i served as an usher.. just an usher.. to serve the people...
"its a humility process" - the Lord told me in July 2004 when I decided to sign up for UM..
And looking back.. I've truly been humbled a fair bit.. I used to be more full of myself, and always ambitious... not in a bad sense.. but too ambitious for my own good... and always competitive, wanting to win and etc.....
Now, I've become so much more laid back... and just when I was simply doing what I have to...and more than what I need to... promotion came.. finally.. I was a TL in Feb 2007.. after serving a long while in UM... it was totally unexpected... because I merely do what I enjoyed doing and doing it with excellence... and in the midst of it all... came Aug/Sept 2007...
I was approached by CU and asked to consider taking up the role of MTL...
Woah??!?? Another promotion??? God is really good loh.. hahah...
And its once again.. something that I didnt dream of... I mean... i do want to be promoted.. but that wasnt what that is on my mind... and I tot it would come, sometime in the future.... but never expected it to come so fast.... and it was good....
And along the way.. i just continue to do what I had to do... but i think... i've lost my focus lately.. as I had some other agenda on my mind.. some overwhelming issues that really lift me offguard.. sigh... well..the issues still remain... but... i guess i gotta know my priorities....
I really thank God for making me who I am, for Your Grace..and Your kindness upon my life..
Continue to use me, Lord.. and do mighty exploits for You! :)
Thank You Jesus! :)
-RacheL- blogged @ 6/01/2008 11:48:00 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home